GE Lighting today announced that Agostino Renna has been named president and CEO of GE Lighting Europe, Middle East and Africa effective immediately.
Renna, who will report to GE Lighting president and CEO Maryrose Sylvester, succeeds Phil Marshall who has led GE Lighting Europe, Middle East and Africa, since 2008. Marshall has left GE Lighting to pursue a position outside of the company.
“Agostino Renna’s experience, leadership and significant sales and marketing background make him an outstanding person to continue the transformation of the Lighting business in the region,” said GE Lighting president and CEO Maryrose Sylvester. “Agostino has demonstrated outstanding management qualities and has the ability to sharpen our strategic focus to lead GE Lighting Europe, Middle East and Africa to achieve strong, sustained growth in 2013 and beyond.”
Renna most recently was Vice President, Growth and Market Strategy for GE-Canada with responsibility for the long term growth and market positioning of all GE's businesses in Canada.Prior to joining GE, Renna spent 14 years at Johnson Controls Inc., where he worked in Canada, the US and Europe. He held leadership roles in sales, marketing, strategy and general management culminating with a position leading Johnson Controls’ Energy Solutions division for Europe, the Middle East and Africa based in Brussels, Belgium. Renna was born in Montreal, Quebec and holds a degree in Mechanical Engineering from McGill University. He speaks four languages fluently. He is a regular speaker at conferences and roundtables that focus on addressing global energy challenges. While in Belgium, Renna was an Executive in Residence at the Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School, where, in his lectures, he brought a strong practioner’s perspective to the topics of sales, marketing, strategy and leadership.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV