Credit Card Technology: 2013 And Beyond
The 2012 edition of Bain & Company's annual Customer Loyalty in Retail Banking Report was published on Dec. 11, and it says that those who use mobile banking generally love it. In fact, while many big-bank customers score their loyalty in negative numbers, those who access their accounts and services using mobile devices on average view their banks positively. All this, and it's much, much cheaper for financial institutions to deliver services using these new technologies, compared with traditional interactions.
Not the end of the world
So yes: it's likely your credit card companies will soon begin to do all they can to tempt you into some form of online payments system. But it's hard to see a way in which they can force you to do so. If you like your credit cards just the way they are, you're probably safe.
And remember: any future changes in credit card technologies, just like the end of the Mayan calendar, won't be the end of the world.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV