5 Most Infamous Cars Of 2012
1. The 2012 Porsche 911 Carrera that Lindsay Lohan crashed
We are not here to talk about Lindsay Lohan's life. We're not going to critique her performance in that Lifetime movie about Elizabeth Taylor, we're not going to talk about court appearances or intoxicants. We're not even going to discus Freaky Friday, Mean Girls or whether she'll ever work with Tina Fey again.
We're here to talk cars, and Lohan picked a hell of a rental to plow into a garbage truck back in June. The base price of a 2012 model was nearly $106,000. As a used car, CarGurus says the 911 Carrera still fetches upward of $80,000.It's a costly accident, but one that could get a whole lot costlier after prosecutors in Santa Monica, Calif., discovered evidence that Lohan lied when she told police she wasn't behind the wheel, despite eyewitness accounts to the contrary. In early November, she backed out of an interview on ABC's 20/20 to avoid discussing the situation. If prosecutors can support their claim, Lohan will return to jail for violating parole from her 2011 shoplifting conviction. Again, we're not going to go into Lohan's 2007 conviction for driving under the influence. We're not going to cast judgment on what occurred in this case. All we're going to say is at least the talking teddy bear didn't have any priors and had the good sense to crash a 15-year-old Ford. -- Written by Jason Notte in Portland, Ore. >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Jason Notte. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/notteham. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV