Live Nation did not name a chairman to replace Azoff.
A securities filing Monday said that as part of stepping down, Azoff will be paid $3.5 million in bonuses and another $8.2 million to settle a note he held as part of his Front Line sale. Also Azoff will benefit from accelerated vesting of about 2 million shares and 664,000 options.
As of a week ago, Azoff had more than 3 million shares, which means that even after his share sale, he'll still have a stake in the company. He'll also continue to lease space in a company office building, the filing said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV