AFGE Urges Congress To Reject Pay Freeze Extension For Federal Workers
"Extending the federal pay freeze defies logic or understanding. Does Representative Fitzpatrick believe that taking money out of the modest paychecks of workers who process the claims of disabled veterans will help either his community or the veterans who rely on those benefits? Does he know that over half of the employees who process veterans' benefits claims are veterans themselves? Was there any rational thought behind this terrible proposal?"
Representative Fitzpatrick needs to become better educated about the issues he tries to affect through legislation, Cox said. His misunderstanding of the reality of where federal salaries stand as compared to those paid in the private sector is appalling. Federal salaries are lower than those paid to private sector and state and local employees who perform the same type of jobs, and if Rep. Fitzpatrick would take the time to look beyond a few hyped-up headlines, he would know better.
AFGE urges Members of Congress to reject Representative Fitzpatrick's mean-spirited and simple-minded assault on the living standards of federal employees.
The American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE) is the largest federal employee union, representing 670,000 workers in the federal government and the government of the District of Columbia .For the latest AFGE news and information, follow us on Facebook and Twitter . SOURCE American Federation of Government Employees
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV