Kentucky First was advised by Capital Resources Group, Inc. and the law firm of Kilpatrick Townsend and Stockton LLP. CKF Bancorp was advised by RP Financial, LC. and the law firm of Luse Gorman Pomerenk & Schick, P.C.
Pursuant to the merger agreement, W. Banks Hudson and William H. Johnson, who both currently serve on the board of directors of CKF Bancorp, will be appointed to the board of directors of Kentucky First. Mr. Johnson, former President and CEO of CKF Bancorp and Central Kentucky Federal Savings Bank, will serve in the position of Vice President of Kentucky First and Senior Vice President and President of the Danville-Lancaster Operations of First Federal of Frankfort. Russell M. Brooks, former Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of CKF Bancorp and Central Kentucky Federal Savings Bank, will serve as Vice President of Kentucky First and CFO of First Federal of Frankfort.
On August 17, 2012, Kentucky First announced that Tony D. Whitaker would retire from daily activity at the end of 2012. Mr. Whitaker will remain Chairman of the board of directors of Kentucky First, while Don D. Jennings, currently serving as President and Chief Operating Officer, will assume the role of Chief Executive Officer, as well. Mr. Whitaker also retired as President and Chief Executive Officer of First Federal Savings and Loan Association of Hazard. Mrs. Lou Ella Farler, former Vice President of the association, assumes the responsibilities of President and CEO of the Hazard bank.
About Kentucky First Federal BancorpKentucky First Federal Bancorp is the parent company of First Federal Savings and Loan Association of Hazard, which operates one banking office in Hazard, Kentucky, and First Federal Savings Bank of Frankfort, which operates six banking offices in Frankfort, Danville, and Lancaster, Kentucky. Kentucky First Federal Bancorp shares are traded on the Nasdaq Global Market under the symbol KFFB.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV