US To Seek More Inspections Of Boeing 737s
"We remain completely confident in the airworthiness of our fleet," she said.
The new FAA requirements stem from a 2009 incident in which a Southwest flight from Nashville to Baltimore had to make an emergency landing in Charleston, W.Va., after a hole more than a foot long appeared in the roof near the tail. Boeing issued a special service bulletin to airlines operating the planes in 2010.
In 2011, a different Southwest jet was forced to land in Yuma, Ariz., but authorities believe that incident involved cracking in a different type of joint where panels of aluminum skin overlap.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV