New Summary: Gold Ends Higher For 12th Year
The Associated Press
NEARLY THERE: Gold edged higher as crucial budget talks appeared to near an end. President Barack Obama said an agreement to avoid the U.S. going over the "fiscal cliff" next year was in sight, if not yet complete.
WINNING STREAK: Gold ended 2012 higher and has advanced for 12 straight years. Investors have been buying the metal as a safe haven and a hedge against inflation.
DECEMBER LOSSES: Wheat edged lower, ending the month down almost 10 percent, its worst monthly loss since September last year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV