HOUSTON, Dec. 31, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Quanex Building Products Corporation (NYSE:NX), a leading manufacturer of engineered materials, components and systems serving domestic and international window and door OEMs through its Engineered Products and Aluminum Sheet Products Groups, today announced it has completed the acquisition of the assets of Alumco, Inc. and its subsidiaries. The assets purchased include Aluminite, a leading screen producer for the vinyl window and door industry.
Quanex Building Products Corporation is a ROIC-driven company that grows shareholder returns through a combination of organic growth and strategic acquisitions. The Company is listed on the NYSE under the symbol NX. For further information, visit the Company's website at www.quanex.com .
The Quanex Building Products Corporation logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=1117Statements in this press release that reflect future expectations or beliefs are forward-looking statements and are based on current expectations. Actual results or events involve risks and uncertainties and may differ materially from this release. For a more complete discussion of factors, risks, and uncertainties that may affect the company's future performance, please refer to the company's Form 10-K filing on December 31, 2012, under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 ("Exchange Act"), in particular the section titled, "Private Securities Litigation Reform Act" contained therein.
CONTACT: Financial Contact: Marty Ketelaar 713-877-5402 Media Contact: Valerie Calvert 713-877-5305 For additional information, please visit www.quanex.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV