CARMEL, Ind., Dec. 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CNO Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE:CNO) today announced that, effective immediately, Charles W. Murphy has resigned from its Board of Directors. Mr. Murphy has served on the company's Board since February 2010. Neal Schneider, Chairman of the Board of Directors said, "On behalf of the entire Board, I would like to thank Charles for his contributions to the company over the past three years and wish him continued success in his future endeavors. In view of the Company's significantly improved financial condition and Paulson & Co.'s reduced ownership interest, this is a logical time for Charles to step down from the Board. We presently have an excellent complement of directors and thus at this time we do not plan to replace Mr. Murphy on our Board."
CNO is a holding company. Our insurance subsidiaries – principally Bankers Life and Casualty Company, Washington National Insurance Company and Colonial Penn Life Insurance Company – serve pre-retiree and retired Americans by helping them protect against financial adversity and provide for a more secure retirement. For more information, visit CNO online at www.CNOinc.com.
SOURCE CNO Financial Group, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV