In his 30-year career in the markets, Cramer said he's seen more dishonesty from the short-sellers than he ever has from the bulls. He said there are just as many people trying to push the markets down as there are trying to drive them higher.
In fact, while most commentators will disclose they own a stock when they talk about it on TV, Cramer said they always fail to mention if they're looking for a better entry point into that stock.
Cramer explained that hedge funds, in particular, cannot afford to underperform the markets or their peers. So if a fund is underinvested or is lagging its peers, a broad market decline is just what's needed to get back on track.
Cramer said it would be a wonderful world if everyone was honest. Since that's not the case, it's important to know what to watch out for."Always be on guard," said Cramer. "People badmouthing the markets aren't any more honest than those who tout specific stocks." To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter with all of his latest articles and videos please click here. To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV