The Law Firm Of Wohl & Fruchter Commences Investigation Into The Acquisition Of Duff & Phelps Corporation By A Group Of Private Equity Firms
The law firm of Wohl & Fruchter LLP has commenced an investigation into the proposed acquisition of Duff & Phelps (D&P) (NYSE: DUF) by a group of private equity firms consisting of The Carlyle Group, Stone Point Capital LLC, Pictet & Cie and Edmond de Rothschild Group (the Private Equity Firms).
On December 31, 2012, D&P announced that it had entered into an agreement for the Private Equity Firms to acquire the company for $15.55/share in cash upon the recommendation of a special committee consisting of independent directors. All members of D&P’s senior management team will remain employed by, and invest in the equity of the company following the closing of the transaction.
Wohl & Fruchter’s investigation concerns the fairness of the process used to approve the acquisition and whether approval of the acquisition was improperly motivated by any conflicts of interest.
Additional information is available at http://www.wohlfruchter.com/cases/duf.Persons with relevant information, and DUF shareholders with questions about this investigation, are invited to contact our Firm by calling 866.582.8140, or contacting the attorney below. About Wohl & Fruchter Wohl & Fruchter LLP represents plaintiffs in litigation arising from fraud and other fiduciary breaches by corporate managers, as well as other complex litigation matters. Please visit our website, www.wohlfruchter.com, to learn more about our Firm, or contact one of our partners. This release may be deemed to constitute attorney advertising.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV