News Corp will get as close as U.S. regulatory hacks will let it to a carbon copy of what Rogers Communications (RCI) and BCE (BCE) have going for them in Canada.
In a few months, News Corp spins off its money-losing, soul-sucking publishing segment. The value gets unlocked. Look the bleep out.
Apple (AAPL). If I'm wrong about AAPL, I'll take all sorts of hell for it. I know. And I'm willing to put myself out there. Somebody has to.
Remember, in the words of John Kerry (or something), I voted against Apple before I voted for it. In other words, I rang one of the loudest warning bells over long-term life in a post-Steve Jobs world. But, Wall Street analysts and the financial media hijacked my analysis and bastardized it.The following articles and the links contained within each weave my coverage together quite nicely:
Apple Stores Packed Over Holiday Weekend Apple Loses If It Beats Itself (Easily my most popular and widely read article ever). Why Does the Peanut Gallery Hate Apple?At some point, Washington will at least temporarily release us from its incompetent shackles. That will set off a rally. If Apple, particularly with holiday quarter earnings on the horizon in late January, doesn't lead that rally in a big way, I might end up one of these guys telling you to dig a hole and stuff your cash in it. Follow @rocco_thestreet Rocco Pendola is long TST. --Written by Rocco Pendola in Santa Monica, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV