Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. ( NYSE:ETP ) and Regency Energy Partners LP ( NYSE:RGP ) announced today that Lone Star Fractionator I, located at Mont Belvieu, Texas, is now in service. The 100,000 barrels per day natural gas liquids (NGL) fractionation facility owned by Lone Star NGL LLC, a joint venture between the two partnerships, will handle NGL barrels delivered from several sources, including Lone Star’s recently completed West Texas Gateway NGL pipeline, via ETP’s Justice NGL Pipeline.
Fractionator I is the first of two fractionators, both 100,000 barrels per day of capacity, that Lone Star is placing in service to meet the critical NGL fractionation needs due to prolific NGL production in the Permian and Eagle Ford regions. Fractionator II is scheduled to be completed in the fourth quarter of 2013. Additionally, Lone Star continues to evaluate additional fractionation expansion opportunities in Mont Belvieu.
"The startup of Lone Star NGL’s first Mont Belvieu Fractionator completes our Texas NGL value chain,” said Steve Spaulding, Executive Vice President of Lone Star NGL. “We can now provide producers raw make gathering from far west Texas, fractionation services at Mont Belvieu, NGL storage, and purity NGL product distribution to the refineries and petrochemical facilities along the Houston Ship Channel.”
ETP also announced today that its Karnes County Processing Plant (also referred to as the Kenedy Plant) is in service. This plant, which provides 200 million cubic feet per day of capacity, and Phase I of the Jackson Plant, which will provide an additional 400 million cubic feet per day of capacity upon completion in the first quarter of 2013, are an integral part of Eagle Ford Shale projects coming on line in the next several months that will provide significant cash flow to the partnership.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV