Top 10 Gold Juniors Of 2012
Gold Standard Ventures currently holds a "strong buy" rating.
7. Panoro Minerals (TSXV:PML); current price: $0.64; year-to-date gain: 68.42 percent; 52-week high: $0.86.
Panoro Minerals is a polymetallic exploration company focused on exploring and advancing its large-potential copper and copper-gold projects in Peru. The company owns several properties in the prolific Andahuaylas-Yauri province. The company's flagship properties are the advanced-stage Cotabambas and Antilla projects.
The company has been steadily progressing with work on the Cotabambas copper-gold project, and an early year announcement of a significant zone of supergene enrichment returned results of a 92.35-meter interval grading 1.55 percent copper and 0.51 g/t gold. The company also identified a gold-enriched leached capping with a 74-meter interval grading 1.17 g/t gold and 5 g/t silver. In June, PML received approval for its environmental impact assessment for expanded exploration at Cotabambas. PML is working on the completion of a 24,000-meter drill program. An updated NI 43-101 compliant resource estimate for the project was released in September, and brought the project's estimated resources to 3.75 million pounds of copper and 3 million ounces of gold.Share prices for Panoro Minerals have remained steady throughout the year, and the company currently holds a "buy" rating. 8. Coronado Resources (TSXV:CRD); current price: $0.40; year-to-date gain: 66.67 percent; 52-week high: $0.85. Coronado Resources is a copper and gold producer focused on developing its 100-percent-owned Madison mine in Montana. The company attained a 52-week high in August following the closure of its 50-million share private placement for total proceeds of $6 million. In July 2010, CRD's drill program returned results that included 70 feet at 779 oz/t gold. 9. Northern Gold Mining (TSXV:NGM); current price: $0.33; year-to-date gain: 66.67 percent; 52-week high: $0.45. Northern Gold Mining is a Canadian junior resource company focused on the discovery and development of gold deposits in the prolific Timmins-Kirkland Lake Gold Camp region in Northeastern Ontario. The company has several near-term projects that it is working on bringing towards production. Most recently, NGM acquired Victory Gold, which gives the company access to Brigus' Black Fox mine and St. Andrew Goldfields' Hislop mine, both of which are operational, in the Timmins Gold District.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV