Top 10 Gold Juniors Of 2012
Most recently, Sutter announced its first gold pour from the Lincoln mine. SGM is currently moving forward with the mine's development and mill construction.
5. Stratabound Minerals (TSXV:SB); current price: $0.09; year-to-date gain: 80.00 percent; 52-week high: $0.13.
Stratabound Minerals is a junior resource company focused on the exploration and advancement of mineral properties in the Bathurst Mining District of Northern New Brunswick and Quebec. SB's share price hit a 52-week high in September following the company's announcement that drilling was underway at the gravity target within a claim group optioned from Commander Resources (TSXV:CMD). The Commander option is a strategic acquisition adjoining SB's CNE and Captain properties. SB can acquire up to a 65-percent interest in the claims. On November 1, SB reported copper-gold-silver intersections on the claim, with the most notable results being 11 meters grading 2.04 percent copper, 0.49 g/t gold and 7.48 g/t silver.
6. Gold Standard Ventures (TSXV:GSV); current price: $1.33; year-to-date gain: 80.00 percent; 52-week high: $3.03.Gold Standard owns the Railroad gold project, which is located within Nevada's Carlin Trend and near Newmont Mining's (NYSE:NEM) Rain and Emigrant mines. In May, GSV announced that it had intersected 164 meters of 3.38 g/t gold, including 42.7 meters of 9.4 g/t gold, at the Railroad project. The drill results confirmed and expanded the potential of a major deposit at the company's target. GSV conducted a geophysical survey on a portion of the North Bullion Fault Zone (NBFZ) at Railroad to outline the company's primary target. “The NBFZ target appears to be a quite well-defined large “sliver” of prospective clastic and carbonate rock units up to about 1200 feet wide and about 1 mile long between two major anastomosing fault boundaries. A portion of this target coincides with the best gold grades drilled to date,” according to the company's press release. The company continues to make progress at Railroad, and recently announced the approval of its plan of operation. In November, GSV announced the acquisition of additional interest in the Pinon gold deposit, which is located south of its flagship property.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts