Top 10 Gold Juniors Of 2012
2. Unigold (TSXV:UGD); current price: $0.41; year-to-date gain: 164.52 percent; 52-week high: $0.52.
Like Gold Quest, Unigold is focused on exploring and developing gold projects in the Dominican Republic. The company is concentrating its endeavors on the Candelones zone of its Neita property. UGD share prices spiked in February following a January release of drill results; the results included 73 meters at 2.36 g/t gold and 20 meters at 2.74 g/t gold at Candelones. Work on the project has continued steadily through the year, and extensions to the mineralization have shown consistent grades. At the end of November, UGD announced strong drill results at Candelones, including 69.4 meters at 3.75 g/t gold and 20.2 meters at 2.6 g/t gold. Later, on November 28, UGD announced the discovery of a new area of mineralization on the Neita property.
Unigold has maintained a "strong buy" rating over the last three months.
3. Nevada Exploration (TSXV:NGE); current price: $0.13; year-to-date gain: 107.69 percent; 52-week high: $0.19.Nevada Exploration is using new and unique groundwater chemistry technology to explore for new gold deposits in Nevada. The company is looking to advance nine projects totaling over 20,000 hectares. In September, NGE, in conjunction with McEwen Mining (TSX:MUX:NYSE:MUX), elected to designate a new gold project in Grass Valley, Nevada. The terms of the project give NGE a 30-percent interest in Grass Valley; however, McEwen remains the project manager. NGE, along with its project partner, Spruce Ridge Resources (TSXV:SHL), started drilling at its Fletcher Junction gold project at the end of October. 4. Sutter Gold Mining (TSXV:SGM); current price: $0.39; year-to-date gain: 102.63 percent; 52-week high: $0.51. Sutter Gold is a near-term gold producer currently in phase one of construction at its Lincoln Mine project in California. The project is situated in the historic California Mother Lode, with production slated to ramp up in the latter half of 2013. The company's share price hit a high of $0.51 on March 20 following an earlier news release in which the company announced results from its first three drill holes at Lincoln. The most notable result come from hole DDH-198, which intersected 4.317 ounces of gold per ton (OPT) in a 1.8-foot interval and 1.791 OPT in the adjacent 2.1-foot interval.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV