2. Unigold (TSXV:UGD); current price: $0.41; year-to-date gain: 164.52 percent; 52-week high: $0.52.Like Gold Quest, Unigold is focused on exploring and developing gold projects in the Dominican Republic. The company is concentrating its endeavors on the Candelones zone of its Neita property. UGD share prices spiked in February following a January release of drill results; the results included 73 meters at 2.36 g/t gold and 20 meters at 2.74 g/t gold at Candelones. Work on the project has continued steadily through the year, and extensions to the mineralization have shown consistent grades. At the end of November, UGD announced strong drill results at Candelones, including 69.4 meters at 3.75 g/t gold and 20.2 meters at 2.6 g/t gold. Later, on November 28, UGD announced the discovery of a new area of mineralization on the Neita property.
Top 10 Gold Juniors Of 2012
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts