Gold for February delivery was tacking on $6.60 to $1,662.50 an ounce at the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange, while February crude oil contracts were dropping 44 cents to $90.36 a barrel.
The benchmark 10-year Treasury was down 6/32, boosting the yield to 1.720%. The dollar was up 0.15%, according to the
In corporate news, Duff & Phelps (DUF) announced that it had agreed to a group of private-equity investors to purchase the company for $665.5 million in cash. Shares of the company were surging 19.9% in premarket trades.
Carlyle Group, Stone Point Capital LLC, Pictet & Cie and Edmond de Rothschild Group were all part of the purchasing deal.Tribune Co. said it would emerge from its bankruptcy on Monday. The media company, whichowns The Los Angeles Times and The Chicago Tribune, sought bankruptcy in 2008. Apple (AAPL) withdrew patents claims against Samsung's Galaxy S III Mini phone after the South Korean company announced it wouldn't offer to sell the gadget in the U.S., according to a Reuters report. Shares of Apple were rising 0.47% in premarket action. Shares of Bank of America (BAC) were adding 0.62% during Monday's premarket session. -- Written by Joe Deaux in New York. >Contact by Email. Follow @JoeDeaux
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV