NEW YORK, Dec. 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Tripp Levy PLLC, a leading national securities law firm, announces an investigation into the proposed acquisition of Duff & Phelps (NYSE: DUF). Duff & Phelps Corporation (DUF) announced that it has entered into a definitive merger agreement under which a consortium ("the Consortium") comprising controlled affiliates of or funds managed by The Carlyle Group, Stone Point Capital LLC, Pictet & Cie and Edmond de Rothschild Group will acquire the Company for $15.55 per share in cash in a transaction valued at approximately $665.5 million.
The investigation concerns, among other things, whether the consideration to be paid to Duff shareholders is unfair, inadequate, and substantially below the fair or inherent value of Duff. Indeed, analysts have projected that the true going forward inherent value of the company is worth at least $24 per share.
The investigation further concerns whether the board of directors of Duff, including its senior management who are participating in the buyout of the company's equity may have breached their fiduciary duties by not acting in shareholders' best interests in connection with the sale process of Duff.
If you own Duff common stock and you wish to discuss this matter with us, or have any questions concerning your rights and interests with regard to this matter, please contactTripp Levy Tripp Levy PLLC 125 East 82nd Street 9th Floor New York, New York Toll Free: 877-772-3975 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tripp Levy PLLC is a national law firm that specializes in mergers & acquisitions, takeover litigation, shareholder rights, and corporate governance matters in state and federal courts throughout the United States. Attorney advertising. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. Contacts Tripp Levy PLLC Tripp Levy, 877-772-3975 email@example.com SOURCE Tripp Levy PLLC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV