5 Ugliest Blackout Situations in the NFL
"There are limitations in what we can do at the Georgia Dome," he said. "Technology is terribly important. That will be completely solved in a new stadium."
That's right, not only is he asking for a new stadium to replace one he admits is perfectly functional, but Village Voice writer and FieldofSchemes.com editor Neil DeMause says he's looking for another $300 million to $400 million in public funding for it. While nearly two-thirds of fans surveyed think it's a bad idea, none of their elected officials have come forward to challenge Blank on it.
Blank and the Falcons didn't have to black out a single game or threaten to switch cities to make that happen. The same can't be said for other cities. In no specific order, here's how things played out for blacked-out cities this year:
Number of blackouts: Two
Buffalo didn't have the most television blackouts among NFL teams this year, but its blackouts seemed to hurt most.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV