DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ford on track to sell 2.2 million U.S. vehicles in 2012, marking two straight years above the 2 million mark – the only brand to top 2 million U.S. sales since 2007
- Focus remains the best-selling global vehicle nameplate, based on latest available Polk new vehicle registration data through September; Fiesta is best-selling global B-car
- Ford is only automaker with three vehicle nameplates in the global top 10 – Focus at number 1, F-Series at number 4 and Fiesta at number 5 – based on latest available Polk new vehicle registration data through September
- EcoBoost engines this year will power more than 520,000 Ford vehicles since their introduction in 2009
The Ford brand is on track to top 2 million U.S. vehicle sales in 2012 for the second straight year – the only auto brand to do so in America this year.
In addition, the Ford Focus is on track to become this year's best-selling global nameplate, while the Ford Fiesta is on pace to be this year's best-selling global B-Car, giving Ford the best-selling B and C-Car in the world, based on the latest Polk global industry data – through September.
Global Focus new registrations totaled 737,856 through September, making it the world's number-one selling vehicle nameplate. Fiesta new vehicle registrations totaled 560,061 for the same period, making it the world's best-selling B-Car, according to Polk."Focus and Fiesta represent the best of our One Ford plan," said Jim Farley, Ford's executive vice president, Global Marketing, Sales and Service and Lincoln. "In just three years, Ford has transformed our global small car lineup and started winning over customers worldwide with vehicles that are not only fun-to-drive but also fuel-efficient – largely thanks to our award-winning EcoBoost engines." Ford is on track to sell more than 520,000 EcoBoost-powered vehicles by year-end since the engine's introduction in 2009. Already available in Europe in Fiesta, Ford's new 1.0-liter, 3-cylinder engine arrives late next year in the new Fiesta in the U.S. Winning lineupFord is the only brand to have three of the top 10 best-selling vehicles worldwide, through September 2012, the most recent reporting of all markets globally by Polk. In addition to Focus at No. 1 and Fiesta at No. 5, F-Series is the fourth best-selling global nameplate at 576,339 vehicles, according to Polk global new vehicle registration data.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV