Lucky Strike Resources Ltd. - Jewellery Box Exploration Update
VANCOUVER, Dec. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - International Samuel Exploration Corp. (ISS: TSX-V) and Lucky Strike Resources Ltd (LKY:TSX-V) (the "Companies") presents an exploration update on the Jewellery Box Property 2012 exploration program. The companies undertook an extensive exploration program on the Jewellery Box property consisting of detailed IP geophysics, soil sampling, regional mapping and ultimately resulted in a drill program.
The companies engaged the services of Peter Walcott and Associates Limited to undertake a 12 line kilometre induced polarization program. The core of the survey was designed to test an area where historic soil and rock geochemistry yielded a number of targets of interest proximal to a large magnetic feature observed in the spring 2012 airborne magnetic program.
The induced polarization survey identified two large east-north easterly trending chargeability anomalies, proximal to known mineralized showing. The trends are similar to that identified in historic gold soil geochemistry results. As exact referencing of the historic geochemistry was unavailable, drill hole targeting was conducted primarily on the results of the induced polarization program.
In addition to the soil sampling program, a small stream sampling program was conducted over two additional magnetic features on the property. This met with limited success, and returned only weakly anomalous results.The companies engaged the services Black Hawk Drilling of Smithers, British Columbia to undertake a drill program. Drilling consisted of 402.95 meters drill program in two drill holes, JBDD-12-01 (198.12 m) and JBDD-12-02 (204.83 meters). The drill focused on the areas where the 2012 IP program was conducted 187 samples were collected from the core drilling. A summary of each of the drill hole is presented below along with select assays. Hole JBDD-12-01 From 25.55m to 33.20m the aphanitic, mafic volcanic, with trace stringer and very finely disseminated pyrite. Brecciated contact from 62.45m to 63.95m. From 63.95m to the EOH at 198.12m is a dark green, aphanitic to fine grained, weakly to moderately magnetic Trace disseminated chalcopyrite are at 66.30m, from 78.75m to 79.10m within quartz calcite veins with 3% disseminated pyrite and from 91.00m to 91.40m within chlorite stringers/fracture fills in a zone of pink clay alteration and from 167.70m to 181.10m there are 5-10cm wide patches of epidote with trace disseminated chalcopyrite, associated with disseminated pyrite. The assays yielded
- From 78.75 m to 79.10 m (0.35 m) the drill hole intersected 3020 ppm Cu and 2230 bbp Au
- From 90.60 m to 93.2o m (2.6 m) the drill hole intersected an average 1616 ppm Cu
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV