The Dallas Morning News Names Christopher Scott And Michael Morton As Texans Of The Year
"The editorial board received hundreds of thought-provoking nominations this year, and it was a challenge to select only 10," said Keven Ann Willey, vice president and editorial page editor of The Dallas Morning News. "I'm delighted to announce this year's compelling and varied finalists, as I'm certain our readers will agree with the merit of each."
Recent Dallas Morning News Texans of the Year include:
- 2011: Admiral Bill McRaven (for his service as commander of the special operations raid that killed al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden)
- 2010: Texas governor Rick Perry (for his peerless political instincts that led to an unprecedented third term as Texas governor and catapulted him onto the national stage)
- 2009: The Heroes of Fort Hood (recognizing those caught up in the terror of a mass shooting, extended to include all Fort Hood-based military people and their families)
- 2008: Dallas County District Attorney Craig Watkins (for his dedication to reversing cases of injustice)
For more information or to schedule an interview with Keven Ann Willey or editorial writer and project editor Rodger Jones, please contact Stephanie Hoefken at 214-891-7693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The Dallas Morning News Established in 1885, The Dallas Morning News ( dallasnews.com ) is Texas' leading newspaper and the flagship newspaper subsidiary of A. H. Belo Corporation. It has received nine Pulitzer Prizes since 1986, as well as numerous other industry awards recognizing the quality of its investigative and feature journalism, design and photojournalism. Its portfolio of print and digital products reaches an average daily audience of more than 1.1 million people and includes online news and information sites; iPhone, Android and iPad apps; Al Día ( www.aldiatx.com), the leading Spanish-language daily in North Texas; neighborsgo ( neighborsgo.com), a consumer-generated community news outlet; and Briefing, the free, home-delivered quick-read. To advertisers, the portfolio of products is represented by DMNmedia ( www.DMNmedia.com ), the marketing solutions group of The Dallas Morning News, Inc.SOURCE The Dallas Morning News
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts