Capitol Bancorp Announces The Planned Divestiture Of New Mexico-based Sunrise Bank Of Albuquerque
LANSING, Mich., Dec. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Capitol Bancorp Limited (OTCQB: CBCRQ) announced today that it has entered into a letter of intent with investors for the sale and subsequent recapitalization of Sunrise Bank of Albuquerque.
Capitol's Chairman and CEO Joseph D. Reid said, "As Capitol continues to address challenges within its affiliate network, this transition serves as a strategic opportunity to deleverage our consolidated balance sheet while enabling Sunrise Bank of Albuquerque to partner with a group possessing access to additional capital resources."
This transaction is subject to regulatory approval and expected to be completed in 2013.
About Capitol Bancorp LimitedCapitol Bancorp Limited, which was founded in 1988, is a community banking company with a network of separately chartered banks in ten states and executive offices in Lansing, Michigan.SOURCE Capitol Bancorp Limited
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV