DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- The all-new 2013 Ford Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid will offer up to an EPA-estimated 108 MPGe city, making it America's most fuel-efficient sedan by besting Toyota Prius plug-in hybrid by 5 MPGe
- Ford projects 19,000-plus hybrid/electric vehicle sales in the fourth quarter of this year, making it the company's best quarter for hybrids ever and besting its own previous hybrid vehicle sales record by more than 50 percent; more than half of hybrid sales this year expected to come in this period
- Fusion Energi delivers power of choice for leading fuel economy as Ford's fifth electrified vehicle launching in the last 13 months and the fifth powertrain for the all-new Fusion, recently voted Green Car of the Year by Green Car Journal
- Ford is seeing demand for fuel economy across its lineup as the brand ranks No. 1 in fuel economy customer satisfaction by J.D. Power and now beats Toyota for leading efficiency in every segment where both compete
The 2013 Ford Fusion – recently voted Green Car of the Year – just got greener as the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency certified the new Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid at up to 108 MPGe, making it America's most fuel-efficient sedan.
Fusion Energi is the Ford brand's fifth electrified vehicle to launch in the past year and is expected to accelerate the company's record hybrid sales pace, including its highest monthly hybrid sales month ever in November. Ford is seeing demand for fuel economy across its lineup as the brand ranks No. 1 in fuel economy customer satisfaction by J.D. Power and now beats Toyota for leading efficiency in every segment where both compete.
The EPA also certified Fusion Energi to deliver up to 92 MPGe highway and a combined 100 MPGe – figures that could potentially help save customers an estimated $6,850 in fuel costs compared with an average new car over the course of five years."The Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid is the exclamation point for Ford's transformed lineup of fuel-efficiency leaders that now beats Toyota across the board," said Raj Nair, group vice president, Global Product Development.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV