Acer is breaking the price barrier for tablet computers. WSJ reported Acer will release a tablet for just $99 in 2013. When Apple’s (AAPL) iPad was launched, the $500 tablet was the baseline. Although Apple still dominates in this space, in North America in particular, smaller players want to compete in the lower-priced segment.
Consumers in the United States may not get the option to buy a tablet for $99, since Acer is focusing primarily in the emerging markets like China. The low-price point is still something to be concerned about for investors. PC makers, facing strong competition in developed regions, are relying on emerging markets for overall unit sales growth.
The seven-inch tablet has the following specifications:
- 1024×600 resolution
- 1.2Ghz dual-core processor
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV