WALNUT CREEK, Calif., Dec. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Calling, downloading apps and surfing the web on the Verizon Wireless network is now easier and faster for residents and travelers in Contra Costa County thanks to new cell sites in Byron, Clayton, Concord, Orinda, Pittsburg, Richmond and San Ramon. The sites improve wireless coverage and capacity in the following areas:
- Byron: Along Camino Diablo Road, Mountain House Road, Western Farm Ranch Road and Armstrong Road, improving coverage around Bryon Highway and Byron Hot Springs and the surrounding neighborhoods
- Clayton: Morgan Territory and Marsh Creek along Marsh Creek Road
- Concord: Along Waterfront Road, Sanford Street, Willow Pass Road and Solano Way, as well as along Arleda Lane, Blarney Court, Limeridge Drive and Kaski Lane
- Orinda: Along San Pablo Dam Road Camino Sobrante, Camino Pablo, Bear Creek and Happy Valley Road, improving coverage around the Sleepy Hallow area and the East end of the reservoir
- Pittsburg: Bailey Road between Concord and Pittsburg
- Richmond: Along Hilltop Drive, Hensley Street, 23rd Street and Recycling Lane, as well as along Richmond Parkway, Barret Avenue, Cutting Boulevard, Canal Boulevard, Ohio Avenue and Harbour Way
- San Ramon: Dougherty Road, Bollinger Canyon Road and its surrounding neighborhoods along Harcourt Way, Willow Creek Drive, Sherwood Way and Old Ranch Estate Drive
Since being founded in 2000, Verizon Wireless has invested more than $7.2 billion in its California network. Nationally, the company has invested more than $70 billion over that same period to increase the coverage and capacity of its network, and to add new services.
The network upgrade is part of the company's ongoing investment to keep improving and strengthening the nation's largest and most reliable wireless network.