News Summary: Metals, Oil Fall As Cliff Nears
By The Associated Press
MOPEY METALS: Prices for palladium, platinum, silver and other metals fell even though there were signs that the economy is improving. Pending home sales rose, and so did a measure of manufacturing.
THE WITCHING HOUR: That's because investors are unnerved about the "fiscal cliff." Higher taxes and lower government spending will kick in if Republicans and Democrats can't reach a budget compromise by midnight Monday.
LOSING ENERGY: Prices for energy commodities also fell. Benchmark crude, Brent crude, gasoline and heating oil all finished lower.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV