How One Small Business Made Money in Its First Year
The pair is planning to keep that reputation. They have decided to attend The Atlanta Gift and Home Furnishings Market in January for the first time in hopes to meet new vendors and gain ideas on new merchandise.
Surfing the web for merchandise or finding unique merchandise locally is sometimes not enough. There's nothing more satisfying than when somebody comes back and wants to buy a second picture frame, either for their own enjoyment or as a gift, Norman says.
"That means what we're doing is working," she says.
>>>Behind the Scenes at a Small Biz: In May, A Record Sales Day
>>>Behind the Scenes at a Small Biz: June Profits From Thin Air
>>>Behind the Scenes at a Small Business: Summer Doldrums Not So Dull
>>> Bricks and Mortar Stores Thrive in Internet World
>>> Behind the Scenes of a Small Business: Lessons From Sandy
Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV