China Green Agriculture
Another stock that's trending very close to triggering a major breakout trade is China Green Agriculture (CGA), which is engaged in the research, development, production and distribution of humic acid based compound fertilizer; and development, production and distribution of top-grade fruits, vegetables, flowers and colored seedlings. This stock has been uptrending modestly so far in 2012, with shares up 16%.
If you look at the chart for China Green Agriculture, you'll see that this stock has been trending sideways for the last three months, with shares moving between $2.74 on the downside and $3.76 on the upside. This stock has now started to trend back above its 50-day moving average at $3.39 a share and it's quickly moving within range of breaking out above the upper-end of that sideways trading pattern. A move outside of that range with high volume will likely set up CGA for its next major trend.
Traders should now look for long-biased trades in CGA if it manages to break out above some near-term overhead resistance at its 200-day of $3.69 a share and then once it takes out more overhead resistance levels at $3.65 to $3.76 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that hits near or above its three-month average action of 56,149 shares. If that breakout hits soon, then CGA will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $4.37 to $4.56 a share. Any high-volume move above $4.56 will then put $4.64 to $4.75 a share into focus for CGA.Traders can look to buy CGA off any weakness and simply use a stop that sits close to some near-term support levels at $3.20 to $3.11 a share. One can also buy off strength once CGA takes out those breakout levels with volume and then simply use a stop that sits right around its 50-day moving average of $3.39 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV