From its iconic “I’m a Pepper” jingle to the recent “One of a Kind” declarations from fans, Dr Pepper’s advertising has always celebrated originality and individuality. Today, the company announces the launch of its latest advertising campaign, entitled “/1,” or “one of one.” Featuring real people and real one-of-a-kind stories, the “/1” commercials aim to dig deeper into the roots of what makes Dr Pepper fans truly unique—not just one in a billion, but one of one.
Each spot in the “/1” campaign will follow an inspiring individual to reveal, through a series of descending statistics, why he or she is truly one of a kind – including:
- Justin “Nordic Thunder” Howard—2011 U.S. Air Guitar champion and YouTube sensation known for his dynamic personality and performance style.
- Mikaela Mayer—professional model turned Olympic female boxing hopeful.
- Misty Copeland— Boys & Girls Club alumna and soloist for the prestigious American Ballet Theatre.
- Jen Mayfield—suburban mom of five by day, roller derby queen by night.
- Armando Cristian Perez—an American rapper, songwriter, actor, and record producer, known better by his stage name, Pitbull.
“Now, in an age of YouTube stars, Tumblr and Twitter, people more than ever are putting their individuality out into the world,” said Leslie Vesper, director of marketing for Dr Pepper. “That’s why the ‘/1’ campaign features real people with real stories that make them like no one else—in hopes to inspire more people to live their one-of-a-kind lives, a sentiment that Dr Pepper has shared since its beginning.”
The first two “/1” spots will debut on Jan. 1 and feature the inspiring personal stories of Mikaela Mayer, professional model turned U.S. Olympic female boxing hopeful, and Jen Mayfield, suburban mom of five by day, roller derby queen by night. Dr Pepper will release a high-energy, 60-second montage ad that celebrates the “one of a kindness” in all of us to run during the Discover BCS National Championship Game on Jan. 7, nationally televised on ESPN.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV