HOUSTON, Dec. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Carriage Services, Inc. (NYSE: CSV) is pleased to announce today the acquisition of Havenbrook Funeral Home in Norman, Oklahoma. Havenbrook is the leading funeral service business in this growing traditional market, serving over 320 client families annually. Moreover, Havenbrook will operate in tandem with Moore Funeral and Cremation in nearby Moore, Oklahoma, another Carriage business operating in the south Oklahoma City market. Founded in 1995 by Jeannie Roberts and family, the Vice family assumed ownership of Havenbrook in 2010, initiated a complete renovation of the funeral home and continued to grow the business by providing the highest quality of personalized services to client families in the Norman community. Chad Vice, along with wife Jennifer, brother Shane, and their mother Barbara will all remain involved in the business. Chad will serve as the Managing Partner of both Havenbrook and Moore Funeral and Cremation and will join Carriage's Central Region Standards Council, a prestigious group of the best funeral service leaders and operators from within Carriage's portfolio of premier businesses.
Mel Payne, Chairman and CEO of Carriage, stated, "We are extremely honored and excited about our affiliation with Havenbrook Funeral Home and the Vice family, which is consistent with our growth strategy of affiliating with the best remaining independent businesses in a select number of strong demographic markets. We have known Chad and his family for many years, and now with our comprehensive back office support services, his entrepreneurial leadership and heavy family involvement in the community will be a catalyst for accelerated market share growth in the Norman and Moore markets."
Carriage Services is a leading provider of death care services and merchandise in the United States. Carriage operates 167 funeral homes in 26 states and 33 cemeteries in 12 states.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV