Another need for the project relates to the existing network of 69-kilovolt power lines in this area. These lines are no longer adequate to serve customer needs. These lines are up to 40 miles long, exposing customers to more frequent and longer service outages if lines are damaged during storms. The Northeast-Pocono Reliability Project will address these issues and improve electric service in this part of PPL Electric Utilities' service territory.
The new power line will be about 58 miles long. It will connect the new electrical substations to the existing high-voltage grid, strengthening the local electric delivery network. The project, which will cost about $200 million, will serve customers in parts of Lackawanna, Monroe, Wayne, Pike, Carbon and Luzerne counties.
More information about this project can be found on the project website at www.pplreliablepower.com/northeast-pocono.
PPL Electric Utilities, a subsidiary of PPL Corporation (NYSE: PPL), provides electric delivery services to about 1.4 million customers in Pennsylvania and consistently ranks among the best companies for customer service in the United States. More information is available at www.pplelectric.com.SOURCE PPL Electric Utilities
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV