Conclusion No. 3: And this backs up other recent articles, Apple Loses If It Beats Itself and Apple, Amazon Down: Maybe the Stock Market is Rigged. In retail there's Apple, Amazon.com (AMZN) and everybody else.
There's a number out today that's equally as impressive, if not more so, than Apple's $1-million-a-day tally in Santa Monica. Amazon accepted an incredible 24.6 million visits to its Web site on Christmas Day, according to Experian.
Dig the remainder of the top five; it borders on comical:
Walmart (WMT): 7.4 million visits Target (TGT): 3.6 million Best Buy (BBY): 3.4 million Macy's (M): 1.9 million
AAPL and AMZN are both down again Friday morning. Do I really need to say more? Stop the stock market insanity.Follow @rocco_thestreet --Written by Rocco Pendola in Santa Monica, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV