Pennsylvania Governor Corbett Rallies Support For Saving The 911th Airlift Wing
PITTSBURGH, Dec. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Governor Tom Corbett today urged federal officials to save the 911 th Airlift Wing in Pittsburgh, calling it a "link to the world and proof of our commitment to national defense.''
The base is targeted for closure in the coming year, Corbett said, a decision which he called "shortsighted and a mistake.''
"It's not only bad for this region, it's bad for our national security," Corbett said. This base is one of the few adjacent to a major airport that includes civilian flights. It reaches 70 percent of the population of our nation in less than two hours.''
Corbett was joined by state lawmakers and other officials, including the Adjutant General Major General Wesley Craig, at a press conference this morning on the base."My administration and the leaders of this region are prepared to do what it takes to make the strongest case possible for keeping the 911 th open and our Air Force reservists watching over the skies of Pennsylvania. They have been here for us since the end of World War II and we are here for them today,'' Corbett said. "We have written Defense Secretary Panetta explaining the importance of this base and we hope the Obama administration will listen to the voice of Pennsylvania.'' For more information, visit www.pa.gov. Media contact: Janet Kelley, 717-783-1116 SOURCE Pennsylvania Office of the Governor
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV