CEDC And Russian Standard Agree To Revised Transaction
Terms of the Revised Transaction
Effective immediately, RTL has released contractual restrictions on $50 million in cash previously invested in CEDC to allow CEDC to use this cash for working capital and general corporate purposes, and committed to make available a $15 million revolving credit facility to CEDC (drawable no earlier than February 1, 2013), subject to definitive documentation and the provision of reasonably satisfactory security by CEDC. Russian Standard has also committed to provide CEDC with up to $107 million of new capital (reduced by the amount of the commitment under the new revolving credit facility) subject to and conditional upon an overall restructuring of CEDC's capital structure that is acceptable to CEDC and Russian Standard.
In exchange, CEDC will provide guarantees and liens on assets of its subsidiaries in respect of the debt currently evidenced by $50 million of senior CEDC notes held by Russian Standard. In addition, CEDC has agreed to certain corporate governance changes, including:
- The creation of an Operational Management Committee to oversee all day-to-day business and operational management of CEDC with CEDC management to report directly to this committee. The Operational Management Committee will consist of Mr. Roustam Tariko, Mr. Scott Fine and another CEDC board member nominated by Russian Standard.
- The creation of a Restructuring Committee with full responsibility for all matters related to any restructuring of CEDC's capital. The Restructuring Committee will consist of three non-Russian Standard directors and Mr. Roustam Tariko.
- The appointment of Grant Winterton, the current Chief Executive Officer of the Russian Alcohol Group - a CEDC subsidiary, as Chief Executive Officer of CEDC effective January 10, 2013.
CEDC and Russian Standard have also reached agreement on the slate of directors to be proposed at the next annual general meeting of CEDC shareholders, which will be convened as soon as practicable. The slate of directors will consist of three directors nominated by Russian Standard and three directors nominated by non-Russian Standard directors. In addition, shareholders will be given the opportunity to elect a seventh director from among two candidates, one nominated by Russian Standard and one by the non-Russian Standard directors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV