BERWICK, Pa., Dec. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Unit 2 at the PPL Susquehanna nuclear power plant resumed generating electricity for the power grid Friday (12/28). The unit had been shut down since Dec. 16.
An electrical connection problem caused an automatic shutdown during a routine, scheduled turbine valve test. An unrelated issue with the positioning of a valve on one of the unit's main water pumps during start-up activities extended the out-of-service time.
"We have conducted a detailed review to understand the causes of these events and learn from them," said Timothy S. Rausch, PPL Susquehanna senior vice president and chief nuclear officer. "We have completed repairs, updated procedures and trained plant workers."
Unit 1 at PPL Susquehanna continues operating safely at full power.The Susquehanna plant, located in Luzerne County about seven miles north of Berwick, is owned jointly by PPL Susquehanna LLC and Allegheny Electric Cooperative Inc. and is operated by PPL Susquehanna LLC. PPL Susquehanna LLC is one of PPL Corporation's generating affiliates. Headquartered in Allentown, Pa., PPL Corporation (NYSE: PPL) owns or controls through its subsidiaries about 19,000 megawatts of generating capacity in the United States, sells energy in key U.S. markets, and delivers electricity and natural gas to about 10 million customers in the United States and the United Kingdom. More information is available at www.pplweb.com. SOURCE PPL Susquehanna
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV