HomeStreet Bank (the “Bank”), a wholly owned subsidiary of HomeStreet, Inc. (“HomeStreet” or “The Company”) (NASDAQ:HMST), has been notified by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (“FDIC”) and Washington Department of Financial Institutions (“WDFI”) that its Memorandum of Understanding was terminated effective December 27, 2012. The Memorandum of Understanding, dated March 26, 2012 required, among other things, the maintenance of a minimum Tier 1 capital ratio of 9%, a plan to reduce adversely classified assets to levels to be established by mutual agreement with the regulators, and a restriction on payment of dividends from the Bank to HomeStreet. The Bank is no longer required to comply with these items.
“We are deeply gratified by this acknowledgement on the part of our regulators of the Bank’s significant accomplishments, characterized by strong earnings and greatly improved credit quality,” said HomeStreet President and Chief Executive Officer Mark K. Mason. “I am exceedingly proud of these accomplishments and of our results over the last several quarters. We have reached this milestone thanks to the hard work of our employees, and I share this success with them.”
About HomeStreet, Inc.
HomeStreet, Inc. (NASDAQ:HMST) is a diversified financial services company headquartered in Seattle, Washington, and the bank holding company for HomeStreet Bank, a state-chartered, FDIC-insured savings bank. HomeStreet Bank offers consumer and business banking, investment and insurance products and services in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Hawaii. For more information, visit http://ir.homestreet.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV