WORCESTER, Mass., Dec. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Mass Megawatts Wind Power, Inc. (OTC: MMMW) has received a notice of allowance from the US Patent Office regarding an improved diffuser designed to reduce the cost of electricity generated from wind energy. This innovation should help allow the company to effectively compete directly with coal and natural gas in the new year of 2013.
Augmentation using diffusers applications is a method for increasing the wind velocity directed toward the wind turbines. The key to success is to produce a low cost version of the wind enhancement device. An augmenter increases the harnessed wind velocity with the purpose of increasing the power output. For example, the increase of wind velocity from 10 miles per hour to 20 miles per hour can increase the power output by eight times based on the velocity cubed formula.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that could be affected by risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to Mass Megawatts Wind Power, Inc.'s ability to produce a cost-effective wind energy conversion device. Among the factors that could cause actual events to differ materially from those indicated herein are: the failure of Mass Megawatts Wind Power, Inc. to achieve or maintain necessary zoning approvals with respect to the location of its MAT power developments; the ability to remain competitive; to finance the marketing and sales of its electricity; general economic conditions; and other risk factors detailed in periodic reports filed by Mass Megawatts Wind Power, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV