2. Future Operation Policy and Investment Plan
The Company has sought to expand its automotive motor business as one of its pillar businesses not only through organic growth but also by actively pursuing opportunities to acquire companies in the industry.
Nidec Kaiyu sells its products to Chinese automobile manufacturers and has strong presence in the Chinese market, which is expected to expand and grow, as a manufacturer of brush motors for electric power steering ("EPS") systems. Through the Transaction, the Company seeks to acquire technologies for brush motors for EPS systems, which the Company currently does not possess, and business opportunities in the Chinese automobile market, new entry into which has been difficult. In addition, the Company and Nidec Kaiyu will aim to expand sales of brush motors for EPS systems to non-Chinese automobile manufacturers and to emerging economies outside China by mutually taking advantage of each other's research and development capabilities, manufacturing facilities and sales channels.
3. Effect on Financial Performance for the Current Fiscal YearThe impact of the Transaction on the Company's consolidated financial performance for the current fiscal year is expected to be insignificant. The Nidec Corporation logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=1734 Cautionary Statement Concerning Forward-Looking Information This press release contains forward-looking statements regarding the intent, belief, strategy, plans or expectations of the Company or other parties. Such forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance or events and involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from those described in such forward-looking statements as a result of various factors, including, but not limited to, the anticipated benefits of the planned transaction not being realized, shifts in technology or user preferences for particular technologies, and changes in business environments. The Company does not undertake any obligation to update the forward-looking statements contained herein or the reasons why actual results could differ from those projected in the forward-looking statements, except as required by law.
CONTACT: Masahiro Nagayasu General Manager Investor Relations +81-75-935-6140 email@example.com
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts