KYOTO, Japan, Dec. 28, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Following the previous announcement on June 20, 2012 captioned "Nidec to Acquire Shares in Jiangsu Kaiyu Auto Appliance in China," Nidec Corporation (NYSE:NJ) (the "Company") today announced that it completed the acquisition of shares representing a 51% ownership interest in Nidec Jiangsu Kaiyu Auto Electric (Jiangsu) Co., Ltd. (renamed from "Jiangsu Kaiyu Auto Appliance Co., Ltd." on July 30, 2012) ("Nidec Kaiyu"), privately issued to the Company in a capital increase transaction ("Transaction").
1. Information on Nidec Kaiyu
(1) Company Name: Nidec Jiangsu Kaiyu Auto Electric (Jiangsu) Co., Ltd. (2) Headquarters: Changzhou City, Jiangsu Province, China (3) Representative: Kenji Sawamura, Chairman of the Board of Directors (4) Principal Businesses: Development, manufacturing and sale of brush motors for EPS systems and automotive fans (5) Total Equity: 16.33 million yuan (following the Transaction) (6) Establishment: September 2012 (approval for establishment of foreign-invested enterprise in the PRC) (7) Shareholders / Ownership: Nidec Corporation: 51% Jiangsu Luokai Mechanical and Electrical Manufacturing Group Co., Ltd.: 24.99% Caohai Wang (General Manager): 15.68% Other management members: 8.33% (8) Principal Place of Business: China (Changzhou, Wuhan and Chongqing) (9) Employees: 331 (10) Sales in Previous Fiscal Year: 94 million yuan (unaudited pro forma consolidated sales for the year ended December 31, 2011) (11) Directors: Chairman of the Board of Directors and Representative: Kenji Sawamura Deputy Chairman of the Board of Directors: Xing Tang Director and General Manager: Chaohai Wang Director and Deputy General Manager: Niho Hirai Director: Kazuya Hayafune Director: Teruyuki Kai Director: Gaofeng Qiu
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts