Lime Energy Co. (NASDAQ: LIME) today announced that on December 21, 2012, the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors of Lime Energy Co. (the “Company”) determined that the Company’s consolidated financial statements on Form 10-K for the years ended December 31, 2008 and December 31, 2009 (the “2008 - 2009 financial statements”) may no longer be relied upon. The Audit Committee made that determination based on information discovered in the course of the Company's internal investigation of the misreporting of revenue for the years ended December 31, 2010 and December 31, 2011 and the quarter ended March 31, 2012 (the “2010 - 2012 financial statements" and collectively with the 2008 - 2009 financial statements, the "affected financial statements”) previously reported in the Current Report on Form 8-K filed on July 17, 2012. The Company's management and the Audit Committee believe that some portion of the Company’s revenue for 2009 and 2008 was recognized earlier than permitted under generally accepted accounting principles. Nothing has come to the attention of the Company’s management or the Audit Committee that would cause them to believe that any of the misreported revenue recorded for 2009 and 2008 should not have been recorded in a later period.
The Company cannot make a reliable estimate of the magnitude of the misreported revenue or the effects on the 2009 or 2008 financial statements at this time. The Company does expect that the misreporting will require restatement of the 2009 financial statements, in addition to the restatement of the 2010 - 2012 financial statements. The Company expects to promptly determine whether a restatement of the 2008 financial statement will be necessary. The Company also expects that it will be able to complete the restatement of the affected financial statements and disclose results from its internal investigation during the first quarter of 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV