Background: Intel designs, manufactures, and sells integrated digital technology platforms primarily in the Asia-Pacific, the Americas, Europe and Japan. Intel is my "on a limb" suggestion.
52-Week Range: $19.23 to $29.27Price To Book: 2.1 Earnings Payout Percentage: 37% Shares have fallen since April and are down for the year. The fall for previous shareholders is an opportunity for new investors. The opportunity comes from investors who are not paying attention to the long-term theme. The long-term theme is a company that took a few arrows recently but is in great shape to exploit new markets. It's a huge mistake to discount the ability of Intel to adapt to and dominate new markets. New markets include increased use of smart devices -- and I don't limit devices to smartphones. Expect everything we touch to become smart or smarter. Cars, homes, TVs, other appliances and more will increasingly come together.
Will everything, including the family pet, have an Intel chip by the end of 2013? Probably not, but Intel will pay you a fat yield of 4.4% while you wait. Not only is the dividend relatively safe, the payout ratio is low enough that investors can expect an increase as earnings grow. In the last 52 weeks, the shares are about even with a small gain of 1.8%. Intel has an average analyst target price of $23.14. Not everyone buys into an up and coming Intel in 2013. Short interest is over 4% even though it's expensive to hold a short position. Short-sellers are generally the smart money, but they don't always get it right. Intel has reached bargain-level pricing and shorts who don't cover soon may wish they had. INTC Payout Ratio TTM data by YCharts
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV