Background: Coca-Cola Company engages in the manufacture, marketing, and sale of nonalcoholic beverages worldwide. The company primarily offers sparkling beverages and still beverages. Coke is the most common soft drink I came across in my travels to China.
52-Week Range: $33.28 to $40.67Price To Book: 5 Earnings Payout Percentage: 52% Coca-Cola pays out $1.02 annually in dividend payments. The yield based on a recent price is 2.8%. In 2009, when many companies reduced or stopped their dividends, Coca-Cola not only continued distributions, but increased the amount. If history is our guide, the current 2.8% yield should be considered more of a starting point than future expectations.
Analysts like Coke, too. Over half the analysts covering Coke rate it as a buy or strong buy. The one-year return is 3.9%, and the average analyst target price for Coke is $42.38. Notwithstanding an ineffective stock split a few months ago, I believe Coke will continue higher. Short-sellers are next to impossible to find. Short interest is so low, it's below 1% of the float. If you want a winning long-term hold that will put a smile on your face this time next year, buy Coke and receive a dividend that will have you grinning from ear to ear. KO Payout Ratio TTM data by YCharts
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV