Background: Coca-Cola Company engages in the manufacture, marketing, and sale of nonalcoholic beverages worldwide. The company primarily offers sparkling beverages and still beverages. Coke is the most common soft drink I came across in my travels to China.
52-Week Range: $33.28 to $40.67Price To Book: 5 Earnings Payout Percentage: 52% Coca-Cola pays out $1.02 annually in dividend payments. The yield based on a recent price is 2.8%. In 2009, when many companies reduced or stopped their dividends, Coca-Cola not only continued distributions, but increased the amount. If history is our guide, the current 2.8% yield should be considered more of a starting point than future expectations.
Analysts like Coke, too. Over half the analysts covering Coke rate it as a buy or strong buy. The one-year return is 3.9%, and the average analyst target price for Coke is $42.38. Notwithstanding an ineffective stock split a few months ago, I believe Coke will continue higher. Short-sellers are next to impossible to find. Short interest is so low, it's below 1% of the float. If you want a winning long-term hold that will put a smile on your face this time next year, buy Coke and receive a dividend that will have you grinning from ear to ear. KO Payout Ratio TTM data by YCharts
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV