Columbia Business School Professor Eric Johnson Selected As 2012 ACR Fellow
NEW YORK, Dec. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Eric Johnson, Norman Eig Professor of Business at Columbia Business School, has been selected as a 2012 Association for Consumer Research (ACR) Fellow for making a significant impact on scholarly work in the field of consumer behavior. One of only 25 Fellows since the award was established in 1979, Professor Johnson was recognized at the 2012 ACR Conference in Vancouver, Canada for his long period of scholarly productivity and contributions in consumer research.
"I am delighted and not particularly surprised that Eric has been selected as an ACR Fellow," says Jeff Inman, President of ACR. "His path-breaking research in behavioral decision making has moved the field forward. His extensive scholarly contribution and impact are meritorious and Eric is clearly deserving of this prestigious award."
Professor Johnson is among the most widely cited scholars in marketing, according to the Thompson Scientific Highly Cited ratings, and has also recently received the Distinguished Contribution Award from the Society for Consumer Psychology and is President-Elect of the Society for Neuroeconomics."This is quite an honor," said Professor Johnson. "The ACR is the leader in advancing consumer research, and I am thrilled to be named an ACR Fellow." The Fellows Nominating Committee considered each nominee's record and impact, including the number of citations, their H-index (a measure of both the productivity and impact of a scholar's work), number of papers with citations over 100, and article recognitions. The Fellows Nominating Committee consisted of four persons: a chair appointed by the current ACR President, and the three immediate past presidents of ACR. The exclusive ACR Fellow nomination was first made and approved in 1979. This is the fourth ACR Fellow at Columbia, the most at any university.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV