Every year, millions of Americans make New Year's resolutions to improve their health by eating better, exercising more or quitting smoking. Yet just weeks – or even days – into the New Year, many of these well-intentioned resolutions have already been scrapped. To help make 2013 different, Rite Aid is offering customers free extra support including Better You informational guides in all 4,600 stores, exclusive online health resources and expert advice from Rite Aid pharmacists. Rite Aid's wellness stores will also be offering free health screenings and informational sessions the week of Jan. 13.
"Making positive lifestyle changes is easier with the right support network," said Rite Aid Executive Vice President of Pharmacy Robert I. Thompson. "According to this month’s Gallup poll, pharmacists are again one of the most trusted of all professions. At Rite Aid, we encourage our customers to seek our pharmacists' expert advice on a range of health topics, such as tips to improve an on-the-go diet, ways to incorporate more fitness into a daily routine or approaches to quitting smoking once and for all."
Rite Aid pharmacists are available year-round to discuss simple approaches to healthier living including:
- Eating better – Pharmacists can provide diet tips and counsel on potential medication-dietary interactions such as the growing list of drugs that can have potentially dangerous side effects when taken with grapefruit. Rite Aid stores also offer a range of healthy food products designed for on-the-go lifestyle including the Wholesome Goodness line, which uses natural ingredients to create minimally processed snacks, drinks and meals.
- Staying fit – Pharmacists can offer suggestions on ways to incorporate fitness into 2013, which may be especially important as some medications can impact metabolism or otherwise affect healthy weight goals. Rite Aid stores also offer FOREVER FIT™ by America's favorite fitness expert Denise Austin. This new line of fitness equipment is available exclusively at Rite Aid and includes 33 fitness products to make it easy to get fit at home with items including balance board, deluxe walking kit, wrist weights with thumb loops and Pilates stretch bands.
- Quitting smoking – Pharmacists are always available to counsel on the range of smoking cessation products that can make it easier to quit smoking and begin the journey to better health. Rite Aid has even launched a year-round program called Rite Aid for Quitting that offers free 24/7 access to a pharmacist trained in smoking cessation at 1-800-RITE-AID or at www.riteaid.com/quit.
Free health screenings in 800 storesTo encourage customers in their pursuit of healthy lifestyle changes, Rite Aid's nearly 800 wellness stores will hold health fairs, on either Jan. 16 or Jan. 19. During these four-hour events, stores will hold free health screenings including nicotine dependence tests, COPD risk assessments, diabetes risk assessments, and provide information on the pneumococcal vaccine, which is important since smokers are at a higher risk for developing pneumonia, according to the American Cancer Society. To locate the most convenient wellness store, go to www.riteaid.com/stores or call 1-800-RITE-AID. Rite Aid’s Wellness stores feature increased staffing for customer service, an enhanced selection of wellness products and resources, and advanced clinical services including a private pharmacist consultation room at most locations. Customers can also get help any time from the convenience of their home or office by logging onto www.riteaid.com where, starting Jan. 2, they can access exclusive support resources including:
- Nutritional information such as a menu planner that analyzes personal eating habits for calorie, fat and carbohydrate counts, a list of healthy recipes based on the meal or food type, a guide to interpreting the common black-and-white "nutritional facts" labels, and 30 daily tips for eating healthier on the go.
- A section that is all about encouraging kids to develop healthy lifestyles by becoming more active, cutting back on sweets, snacking healthy in 100-calorie-or-less portions, and by getting involved in meal planning – from the shopping cart to the kitchen.
- A body mass index (BMI) calculator that factors in weight and height to produce a reliable test for potential weight concerns and early indicator for the health conditions that can result.
- Videos of Denise Austin demonstrating how to incorporate fitness into a daily routine by using FOREVER FIT's four categories of products based on the overall health goal of: Balance and Flexibility, Heart Health, Fitness and Support, and Toning and Strength.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV