Jobless Rates Fall From In 81 Of 82 Miss. Counties
JACKSON, Miss. (AP) â¿¿ Unemployment rates fell from October to November in all but one of Mississippi's 82 counties, according to figures released Thursday. Jobless rates also fell from November 2011 in 81 counties.
Issaquena County was the exception, with the jobless rate rising to 13.8 percent, up from October and last year.
Rankin County's 4.6 percent remained the lowest jobless rate. Clay County's 16.1 percent remained highest.
Most counties saw unemployment fall because fewer people sought work. The number of people telling surveyors they had jobs fell in 53 counties. In larger counties, employment grew only in Forrest and Lamar counties.County-level rates aren't adjusted to cancel out predictable seasonal changes. Seasonally adjusted, the state's jobless rate fell to 8.5 percent in November from October's 9 percent. November 2011's rate was 10.6 percent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV