Additional highlights of the Verizon Wireless $240 million Florida network investment in 2012 include
- Activation of numerous new transmission sites and upgrades to hundreds of existing locations to reinforce 4G LTE and 3G network coverage throughout the state.
- Upgrades to five "super-switch" network processing centers in Jacksonville, Orlando, Tampa Bay, Jupiter and Pembroke Pines. The facilities are designed to withstand Category 5 hurricanes, feature large-scale on-site power generation, and numerous other back-up systems to ensure reliable handling of tens of millions of wireless calls and data transmissions each day. The super-switches serve as the hub for network operations in the event of hurricanes, tornadoes, floods and any type of disaster response.
- Installation of in-building systems that use dozens of small wireless transmitters to ensure strong coverage inside high-priority public safety facilities such as police stations, emergency command centers, hospitals and more.
- Teams of technicians spanning the state in sophisticated vehicles to measure connection quality on the Verizon Wireless network versus other carriers. The local test teams travel nearly 50,000 miles and make millions of voice and data connections each year to ensure network superiority.
For more information on the Verizon Wireless network, visit www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves nearly 96 million retail customers, including 90.4 million retail postpaid customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 75,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
SOURCE Verizon Wireless
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV