CHICAGO, Dec. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Cars.com, the premier online resource for buying and selling new and used cars, today announced the 2013 Honda Accord as the winner of its editors' Midsize Sedan Showdown which pitted six of the most popular midsize sedans under $26,000 against each other in a series of tests. Other sedans tested include the 2013 Ford Fusion, 2013 Hyundai Sonata, 2013 Kia Optima, 2013 Nissan Altima and the 2012 Toyota Camry.
"Nearly one in six new cars sold today is a midsize family sedan," said Patrick Olsen, Cars.com's Editor-in-Chief. "Midsize sedans are some of the most popular cars you'll see on the road. We test many different types of cars, but the midsize Showdown is one of the most important ones we do, because it provides practical shopping advice and expert insight for those looking to buy."
Experts from Cars.com, USA Today, "MotorWeek" as well as a family who represents the average midsize sedan shopper tested these six cars for fuel efficiency, practicality, driving ability, comfort and features.Tests included:
- 185 miles of driving on varying roads to determine actual fuel mileage for each sedan.
- One day of round-robin driving, where each expert tested each of the sedans back-to-back on the exact same course.
- A day of family testing, where our test family went car-to-car judging seating, cargo, features and ride-quality.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV