Santa isn’t the only busy one this time of year. Organizations across North America have been helping their communities lead healthy, balanced lifestyles – and to support them, Coca-Cola is sending a little holiday cheer their way.
The Coca-Cola Foundation, the philanthropic arm of The Coca-Cola Company, will award more than $2M in grants this quarter, with more than $1M directed to support community health and fitness programs. Including these fourth quarter grants, The Coca-Cola Foundation has awarded a total of $9.9 million to support healthy living programs across North America in 2012.
The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) will receive a $100,000 grant to support Project HELP – a program promoting healthy eating, physical activity and healthy lifestyles in African-American communities. Another recipient, the Canadian Institute of Child Health, will receive a $100,000 grant to provide information on healthy food choices and physical activity to Inuit families in Canada. Translated into English, French and Inuktitut, the culturally relevant material will include a storybook, traditional Inuit songs and activity suggestions for parents and teachers.
“Choosing to live healthy, balanced lifestyles is one of the most important decisions we can make,” said Lori George Billingsley, Vice President, Community Relations, Coca-Cola Refreshments. “By teaching people how to make good nutrition and fitness choices as part of their daily routine, these organizations are tangibly impacting the health of their communities now and for the future.”Other organizations receiving active, healthy living funding include:
- Bexar County Community Health Collaborative, San Antonio, TX, $25,000
- Canadian Diabetes Association, Toronto, Ontario, $50,000
- Diabète Québec, Montreal, Quebec, $50,000
- Hispanic Health Coalition of Georgia, Roswell, GA, $25,000
- Latino Community Foundation, San Francisco, CA, $25,000
- National Association of Hispanic Nurses, Washington, D.C., $150,000
- National Park Foundation, Washington, D.C., $250,000
- National Urban League, New York, NY, $100,000
- Rails-to-Trails Conservancy, Washington, D.C., $150,000
- San Antonio Sports Foundation, San Antonio, TX, $25,000
- Universidad Popular, Chicago, IL, $25,000
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts